Lettuce is found in abundance this time of year at the auction. This buffalo chickpea wrap recipe is one of my favorite easy meals to make and the perfect way to incorporate local produce into your diet.
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2-3 Flour tortillas
- 1 tbsp butter
- Buffalo sauce
- Lettuce leaves
- Cheddar cheese
- Warm a pan to medium heat and add drained chickpeas.
- Add butter and your desired amount of hot sauce.
- Mash about ¾ of the chickpeas with a fork.
- Next, assemble the tortilla by adding lettuce and chickpeas.
- Sprinkle with cheese and drizzle ranch on top.
- Enjoy immediately and store leftovers in the fridge.
(Recipe inspired by karissasvegankitchen)
Natalie Ruth is a summer VISTA with Rural Action’s Sustainable Agriculture program. She is from Columbus and will be a senior at Ohio State studying Environment, Economy, Development, and Sustainability.
Write a Reply or Comment