There is nothing better than a frozen treat on a hot summer day, especially when it includes locally grown berries!
- 4 cups Plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups fruit (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- Granola of your choice
You will also need:
- Paper cups or popsicle molds
- Popsicle sticks
This recipe is super flexible and you can create whatever combinations of berries that you wish!
- Pour honey and vanilla extract into the yogurt and mix.
- Blend your fruit and yogurt in a blender. It is sometimes easier to add in a bit of yogurt and a bit of fruit at a time to ensure that everything is well blended.
- If you want a little crunch in your frozen treat, add granola to the bottom of the popsicle mold/paper cup.
- Pour the blended yogurt and fruit into the popsicle molds and freeze for 4-8 hours.
Elizabeth Vigue is a VISTA for Rural Action’s Sustainable Agriculture team. She currently attends Marietta College and studies Political Science and Economics.