Last year a couple friends and I exchanged recipes to cook at home. One of my favorites was this Spicy Creamy Gnocchi. Not only is it delicious and filling, but you really can’t go wrong with ingredients and directions.
– 1 white onion
– 2 cloves garlic
– 2 handfuls grape tomatoes
– 2 handfuls of spinach
– 1 package gnocchi
– Choice of protein (suggestion hot italian sausage)
– Half and half
– Chili powder
– Salt and pepper
- Brown sausage and add diced onions. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add halved tomatoes to the mixture. When soft, squish to release juice and add minced garlic.
- Add in spinach handfuls at a time until wilted.
- Boil gnocchi in a separate pot and add to mixture when done.
- Add a bit of half and half and sprinkle parmesan cheese. Mix until saucy.
- Add chili powder for added heat and salt and pepper to taste.
Alex Mykulyn is an Americorps Summer Vista member with Rural Action‘s Sustainable Agriculture team. He is a sophomore at Monmouth University where he studies international relations.
Write a Reply or Comment